Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Basement = Thrifting Moratorium

First of all, I can't believe I actually showed the wider world (or at least the few of you who read this) my basement.  This isn't even the half of it!  My husband, a somewhat compulsive neat freak, gets hives when he sees the piles of stuff.  I will acknowledge a slight problem, but I'm working on it!  For the time being, my husband and I have a sort of detente - I list, keep (and put away), or re-donate what's down there, and I don't get to thrift for resale until it's mostly handled.  While there are lots (and I mean LOTS) of forgotten gems down there, I am suffering from thrifting withdrawal.  This cleanup could take a WHILE.  Unless you've thrifted competitively, you have no idea of the rush it can be.  Finding a Gucci bag or a pair of Louboutins is a ridiculous high.  I wonder what I'm missing by not hitting my favorite spots...

I'll write about this more in another post, but eBay is changing.  Yes, it has changed in many ways that are hostile to sellers, but that's not what I am talking about here.  Things that used to sell quickly are sitting much longer, and labels that I used to pass up are selling for more than I might have thought.  Topic for another day... I'll leave you hungry for more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment