Thursday, August 18, 2011

I just need a purse...

Last night, the hubs and I met some friends for dinner at this quasi-new Turkish restaurant in DC (it's restaurant week and a fun time to try new places). We got a babysitter and everything! Just like old times. Anyway, since we don't go out without the little guy all that often, I decided to dress it up just a little. I wore a black and white knit jersey wrap dress and some cool platform stilettos. Both of those were purchased retail (on sale) at Nordstrom. I threw on my purple beaded twist necklace for color and immediately realized that the purse I was currently carrying, my Kooba Sienna anniversary edition in brown, just wasn't going to cut it. It looked clunky and too casual. I turned to my overwhelming collection of thrift store-purchased purses - there had to be something sitting in inventory that would work with the outfit. Behold the Kate Spade beauty I found. Crappy cell phone pic aside, it's a beaut - purple embossed leather with gold hardware and monogrammed noel lining. It matched my necklace perfectly. And it cost me $7.98. I definitely had to sift through a lot of plastic crap to find it at the thrift, but the reward was worth it. I seriously felt like I was getting away with something when I put my money down to pay for it. I will probably re-sell it at some point and make some money. But for the evening, it was the perfect bag for my outfit. This is why I love thrift store hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment