Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What's this all about?

First, a litle bit about me. I work a day job. I spend lots of time during the business day in meetings, talking on the phone, writing documents that generally end up in a concurrence do-loop, and staring off into space wondering how to turn my favorite hobby into something a little more profitable. I LOVE to shop. But I hate spending tons of money on most things (handbags and shoes are notable exceptions). TADA.... Enter the thrift store! You would not believe the kinds of things I find. High-end barely used designer denim. Runway dresses. Every designer from Anthropologie. Barely worn Manolos (on occasion - these are a rare treat). Coach bags. Kate Spade bags. Even a couple of Longchamp and Gucci bags. All 100% authentic! And all under $10 apiece. My guilt is nonexistent when I plop down my credit card and no one knows that I didn't spend a mint on this stuff.

The best part about all of this? Not everything I find is my size. But I know each item is desirable and will fit someone in this great wide world. I buy up everything fabulous (my apologies to other shoppers, sort of) and sell the things that don't fit or aren't my personal style on eBay. It is truly win-win! I get to shop and make some money, and designer-hungry, budget-minded people get screaming deals. I love it so much that this is often how I spend any free time I have in the evenings after my son goes to bed. My husband says that our basement looks like an episode of Hoarders. He is kind of right.

Some friends have suggested that I blog about my experiences thrifting, selling, and bargain shopping in general. I have encountered some weird characters along the way! From time to time, I will probably do giveaways to help reduce the level of basement storage. And of course, if you want advice on thrifting for resale, I am happy to entertain questions.

That's all for now. Welcome to my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment